Unit 1, Kessocks Workshop, Fraserburgh, AB43 8UE
Phone: (0) 1346 519 009
BrewDog is the brainchild of young entrepreneurs James Watt and Martin Dickie. The two piled their life savings and a number of bank loans into the venture with the aim of brewing progressive beers based upon traditional beer styles but an innovative twist. They have also forged close friendships with breweries in the US such as Stone Brewing and share many similiarites in their product line with US microbrewers. James oversees the marketing of the beers and Martin, a Heriot-Watt graduate, oversees brewing operations.
Brewing commenced at the site in an industrial park in Fraserburgh in April of 2007. The brewplant currently has a 50HL brewhouse capacity. The beers are fermented in stainless conical fermenters imported from Italy. All bottled beer is doubly filtered and force carbonated prior to bottling.
BrewDog has also ventured into pub ownership in various cities throughout the UK. The pubs are yet another way to broaden the appeal and breadth of the BrewDog image.
- Punk IPA - 6.0% ABV
- A light golden coloured ale with the aroma of tropical fruits and light caramel. Loaded with the flavour of New Zealand hops balanced by biscuit flavoured malt. Brewed with Maris Otter and hopped with Chinook, Simcoe, Ahtanum, and Nelson Sauvin.
- Trashy Blonde - 4.1% ABV
- A blonde coloured Pale Ale style beer with a malty body and the flavours of passion fruit from the hops. Brewed with Maris Otter, Caramalt, and Munich malt and hopped with Amarillo, Simcoe, and Motueka.
- 77 Lager - 4.9% ABV
- A pale, all malt UK lager brewed with Pale Ale malt, Caramalt and Munich malt and hopped with Motueka and Amarillo.
- 5 A.M. Saint - 5.0% ABV
- A heavily hopped amber ale brewed with Maris Otter, Caramalt, Munich malt, Crystal malt and Dark Crystal malt. Hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo and then dry-hopped with Simcoe, Cascade, Centennial, Ahtanum, and Nelson Sauvin hops.
- Hardcore IPA - 9.2% ABV
- An Imperial (sometimes called "double") IPA brewed with Maris Otter, Caramalt, and Crystal malt. Hopped with Centennial, Columbus, and Simcoe American hops and dry-hopped with Centennial, Columbus, and Simcoe as well. The balance of flavuors in this beer hides the alcohol level for a high drinkability.
- Paradox - 10.0% ABV
- Imperial Stout aged in Scottish whisky casks for six months. Brewed with Maris Otter, Dark Crystal malt, Caramalt, Chocolate malt, and Roasted Barley. Hopped with Galena and Bramling Cross.
- Tokyo - 18.2% ABV
- Ultra-strong Stout that is dry-hopped and then aged on oak chips. Brewed with Maris Otter, Dark Crystal malt, Caramalt, Chocolate malt, and Roasted Barley and hopped with Galena.
- Tactical Nuclear Penguin - 32.0% ABV
- For a short time, the world record holder for the world's strongest beer. Brewed with Maris Otter, Dark Crystal malt, Caramalt, Chocolate malt, and Roasted Barley. Hopped with Galena and Bramling Cross and aged for 14 months and then triple frozen to reach the alcohol level.
- Sink The Bismarck - 41.0% ABV
- After the Germans took over the title of world's strongest beer from BrewDog's 'Penguin', BrewDog came up with this so-called "quadruple IPA". It has flavors of malt and sweet honey with hop oils and bitterness along with a deep fruit and spicy aroma. Frozen four times.