Unit 3, Laurencekirk Business Park, Laurencekirk, AB30 1EY
Phone: (0) 156 137 7316
After more than a year of planning and preparation, brothers Dave and Gary Metcalfe were finally able to open Burnside Brewery at Laurencekirk in Aberdeenshire in April 2010. The two brothers already operate another successful business together, Abesco, Ltd., in the Laurencekirk area, but their love of craft-brewed beer led to the establishment of the brewery. The brewery was officially launched during the CAMRA Great Grampian Beer Festival in June 2010 debuting three cask-conditioned beers with their M-PIRE Premium Ale winning second place in the "Peoples Pint" voting.
The brewery is starting out with a 2.5 barrel (UK) brewing capacity but plans are already in place for expansion as increased business allows. Their market is focused primarily on local pubs but extends to other parts of Scotland and Northern England.
- 3 BULLZ Bitter Ale - 3.8% ABV
- An easy drinking session bitter. Brewed with Pale Ale and Crystal Malt and hopped with the classic English Fuggle and Target hops.
- M-PIRE Premium Ale - 5.2% ABV
- A medium-amber coloured ale brewed using three different malts and hopped with Styrian Goldings and Target hops.
- WILD RHINO Blonde Beer - 4.5% ABV
- A delicate yet crisp and refreshing blonde coloured beer with a zesty flavour and long dry finish. Brewed with a single type of malted barley along with Torrefied Wheat and hopped with Styrian Goldings.
- MAD DOGZ IPA - 3.8% ABV
- A low ABV IPA style beer hopped with a blend of English Fuggle, Styrian Goldings, and Cascade hops. A well balanced malt background leads to a satisfying bitter and dry finish.
- BLACK KATZ Rich Dark Mild Ale - 3.6% ABV
- A Dark Mild style beer with a complex flavour profile despite the low ABV.
- GOLDEN X Best Bitter - 4.1% ABV
- A Best Bitter style beer brewed with Pale Ale and Crystal malts and hopped with English Fuggle, Target, and Challenger hops for a fruity, well hopped finish.