Unit 5 42 Dryden Road, Bilston Glen Ind Estate, Loanhead, EH20 9LZ
Phone: (0) 1314 402 442
Stewart Brewing is the namesake of Steve Stewart and his wife Jo. Steve studied at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh becoming a Master Brewer and worked for Bass for a number of years in different locales including Belfast, Ireland, a short stint at Harpoon Brewery in Boston, Massachusetts and Birmingham, England. While at Bass' Capehill Brewery in Birmingham in 1998, Steve built his first mini-micro brewery in a shed with the help of his father-in-law, owner of a steel fabrication company. The longing to be back in Scotland and run his own brewery became too great and he left the job he really enjoyed with Bass to move to Edinburgh in 2002. He soon started planning Stewart Brewing and began trading in January of 2004 having developed all the trial brews using his mini-micro brewery.
The end goal, of course, was a larger modern production facility which Steve continued to work on. A location in the Bilston Glen Industrial Estate on the south side of Edinburgh was located and work started on the brewery while Steve brewed his beers at Strathaven Brewery. Steve oversaw the installation of a ten barrel custom built brewery plant at the new facility and the first mash was conducted in November, 2004. The brewery has been very successful and continues to produce not only their fine line of regular products but a number of specialty and seasonal beers as well. Further expansion of the brewery plant is planned.
- Edinburgh No. 3 - 4.3% ABV
- A full bodied, smooth, Scottish style beer with a rich malty taste and clean finish. Brewed with Maris Otter, Crystal, Chocolate, and Wheat malts and hopped with Challenger.
- Pentland IPA - 3.9% ABV
- A golden dry ale with slight fruit notes and moderate bitterness. Brewed with Maris Otter and Wheat malts and hopped with Magnum, Styrian Golding, and Challenger.
- Copper Cascade - 4.1% ABV
- A deep red coloured, full bodied, medium dry beer with a spicy and floral character. Brewed with Maris Otter, Crystal, Chocolate, and Wheat malts, and hopped with Magnum, Cascade, Challenger, and Styrian Golding.
- Stewarts 80 Shilling - 4.4% ABV
- An auburn coloured, full bodied, full flavoured Scottish 'Heavy' in the classic style. Brewed with Maris Otter, Crystal, Chocolate, Wheat, and CaraPils malts and hopped with Challenger, Magnum, Tettnang, and Styrian Golding.
- Edinburgh Gold - 4.8% ABV
- A Golden Ale style beer with moderate bitterness, pleasing smooth finish, and lovely continental hop aroma. Brewed with Maris Otter, Wheat and CaraPils malts and hopped with Challenger, Magnum, Tettnang, and Styrian Golding.
- Embra - 5.0% ABV
- A full bodied Amber beer with a full soft bitterness balanced by malt and caramel flavours. Brewed with Maris Otter, Crystal, and Wheat malts and hopped with Magnum and Chinook.
- Hollyrood - 5.0% ABV
- A pale coloured, light bodied beer with moderate business and a full fresh citrus aroma and flavour of grapefruit. Brewed with Maris Otter and Wheat malts and hopped with Magnum and Amarillo.
- St Giles - 5.0% ABV
- A dark, rich and smooth take on a Scotch Ale style beer. Brewed with Maris Otter, Crystal, Chocolate, and Wheat malts as well as Oats and hopped with Magnum and Cascade.