Thistly Cross Cider
The Cidershed, South Belton Farm, near Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland, EH42 1RG
Phone: (0) 7960 962510
Thistly Cross Cider was established in 2008 as a collaboration between farmer, Ian Rennie, and former artist turned cidermaker, Peter Stuart. The emphasis is on the adherence to strict quality standards and the use of Scottish produce.
Ciders are made from Scottish apples that are pressed and fermented with a blend of Champagne yeasts and then matured for no less than five months. Thistly Cross ciders have a rounded and smooth taste as a result.
The company's Cidershed is on South Belton Farm just off the A1 near Dunbar to the southeast of Edinburgh. The business is not set up for handling regular tours but existing trade customers are always welcome. There is an opportunity to get a better look at their cider making operation during their annual Thistly Fest. Please contact them or follow on Facebook and Twitter for more information.
- Thistly Cross Original Cider - 7.2% ABV
- A clear golden, smooth and refreshing medium dry farmhouse cider made from a blend of Scottish apples and matured for six months.
- Thistly Cross Original Cider (Still) - 7.2% ABV
- A clear golden, smooth and refreshing medium dry farmhouse cider made from a blend of Scottish apples and matured for six months. Lacks carbonation.
- Thistly Cross Traditional Cider - 4.4% ABV
- A clear golden, smooth sessionable Scottish cider with all the flavour of the original but with a lower ABV.
- Thistly Cross "Whisky Cask" Cider - 4.0% ABV
- A clear golden, smooth medium dry Scottish cider matured for six months in ex-Glengassaugh whisky casks that infuse the cider with a mellow, vanilla oak flavour.
- Thistly Cross Elderflower Cider - 4.0% ABV
- A rich, caramel coloured cider blended with fresh elderflowers for a fruity nose and dry finish. Matured for six months.
- Thistly Cross Real Strawberry Cider - 4.0% ABV
- A rich, fruit dominant cider matured with pressed fresh Scottish strawberries. Matured for six months.
- Thistly Cross Ginger Root Cider - 4.0% ABV
- A medium dry and full bodied cider matured with fresh-pressed ginger root for a spicy and refreshing flavour. Matured for six months.