Clockwork Beer Company
1153-1155 Cathcart Road, Glasgow, G42 9HB
Phone: (0) 1416 490 184
In 1997, husband and wife Robin and Gay Graham bought the pub in south Glasgow that now houses Clockwork Beer Company and proceeded to trash the entire premises and rebuild it. The result was Glasgow's first and only remaining brewpub. The pub opened in December of 1997 and includes a non-smoking area that is family friendly, offers regular entertainment and houses the clearly visible brewing equipment that makes this on-site brewing operation into a brewpub. After a short term under new owners, Clockwork is now owned and operated by Maclay Inns.
Brewing is performed using a 5 BBL plant capable of turning out some 1250 to 1440 pints at a time. In true Scottish tradition, the bar is fitted with Aitken Tall Fonts - over 50 years old - for serving without the use of return trays as they were originally used (and still are in other parts of Scotland).
The Clockwork is now owned by Maclay Inns and occasionally, interpretations of one of Maclay's beer will be on offer. All of the beer brewed at Clockwork is consumed and/or sold on premises.
- Clockwork Lager - 4.8% ABV
- Served lightly chilled and sparkling, an aromatic and light flavoured lager.
- Red Alt - 4.4% ABV
- A rich red coloured German Alt style beer with a balanced sweetness and hint of rich berries. Brewed with American hops typically associated with Red Ales.
- Amber Ale - 3.8% ABV
- A beer with a grist based on the India Pale Ale style and hopped with American hops usually associated with American Amber Ale style beer. Sharp and light with the hint of grapefruit.
- Hazy Daze Ginger - 5.0% ABV
- A seriously effervescent golden beer with a light hop aroma and the unmistakable spice of Ginger.