Achadunan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BJ
Phone: (0) 1499 600 120
Fyne Ales was founded by Jonny and Tuggy Delap in 2001 in disused buildings on the family farm at the head of Loch Fyne in Argyllshire. After market research yielded positive response in the area, work on the purpose-built facility began with the aim of brewing real ales of the finest quality. The first commercial brewing session took place on St Andrews day. Sadly, Jonny Delap passed away in late 2010 and today son Jamie Delap is Managing Director of the brewery.
Fyne is a very progressive brewery for Scotland turning out beers filled with character. The brewery has posted many awards and continues to do so. Their cask ales can be found in pubs all over central Scotland as well as other parts of the UK. The company also bottles most of their products and ships them to countries all over the world. Fyne Ales also host the annual FyneFest on Loch Fyne in summer with good food, music, and quite obviously, beer.
- Avalanche - 4.5% ABV
- A straw coloured beer with a fragrant lemony flavour and a hint of grapefruit in the finish.
- Highlander - 4.8% ABV
- A traditional style beer with a malty flavour and a citrusy aroma.
- Maverick - 4.2% ABV
- A reddish mahogany coloured beer with warm roasted malt flavours and a fruity hop aroma.
- Piper's Gold - 3.8% ABV
- A golden coloured bitter Pale Ale style beer with a long dry finish.
- Vital Spark - 4.4% ABV
- A very dark coloured beer with a deep red hue, a rich and full bodied taste and dry finish.
- Jarl - 3.8% ABV
- A light and golden beer loaded with citrus flavor.
- Hurricane Jack - 4.4% ABV
- A golden ale with a dry citrus flavour and bitter finish.
- Holly Daze - 5.0% ABV
- A winter seasonal with plenty of malt and a crisp hop flavour.
- Innishail - 3.6% ABV
- Flavours of honey followed by a bold grapefruity finish with a floral and citrus aroma.
- Somerled - 4.0% ABV
- A golden coloured summer seasonal with the flavours of fruity hop and a hint of vanilla with a bitter aftertaste.