Cairngorm Brewery Company
Dalfaber Industrial Estate Aviemore, Inverness-shire PH22 1ST
Phone: (0) 1479 812 222
The Cairngorm Brewery was established in 2001 and represents the combining of two of Scotland's former brewing operations - that of Aviemore Brewery and the Tomintoul Brewery. The brewery resides in the village of Aviemore within the Cairngorms National Park. They produce a wide range of both malty and hoppy beers with a solid Permanent Cask range as well as seasonal and special beers available throughout the year. The small team at Cairngorm is proud of the breadth of awards their beers have won and continue to win.
Brewing takes place using a 20-barrel plant turning out 720 gallons of beer each day. The majority of production goes to cask-conditioned ales for pubs all over the UK but a number of the beers are available in 500ml bottles. The brewery is open to the public and has an on-site shop selling beer and merchandise. Please consult the brewery's website for opening times and contact the brewery directly to arrange a tour.
Permanent Cask Beers:
- Cairngorm Gold - 4.5% ABV
- A continental style beer light in colour and body. Richly hopped with Saaz and Styrian Goldings hops for a fresh, bold hop flavour and aroma.
- Wildcat - 5.1% ABV
- Strong ale with a deep amber colour, complex malty and fruity flavour, and a delicate bitterness provided by Challenger and Fuggles hops.
- Nessie's Monster Mash - 4.4% ABV
- A dark, rich, malty beer with light hop bitterness. Wonderful flavours of dark malt with a warm finish.
- Stag - 4.1% ABV
- A mahogany coloured beer brewed with dark malts for a roasted flavour but a light to medium body. A healthy dose of Challenger and Fuggles hops gives a strong initial bitterness to balance the roasted malt finish.
- Trade Winds - 4.3% ABV
- Multi award winning light golden ale brewed with a high percentage of Wheat for a clean taste. The Perle hops and elderflower give a unique fruit and citrus flavour.
- Black Gold - 4.4% ABV
- A unique Scottish Stout. Subtle roasted malt flavour with a soft, malty sweetness. Gently hopped to offset the sweetness of the malt.
- Sheepshaggers - 4.5% ABV
- Sheepshaggers Gold is a continental style beer, highly drinkable with a wonderful bitter hop palate.
- Caillie - 3.8% ABV
- A bright amber coloured, full-bodied bitter with a dry, biscuity, and slightly toasted flavour and a bitter, slightly spicy finish.
2012 Special Ales:
- Howler - 4.2% ABV
- A russet coloured, richly flavoured beer with initial strong malt flavours, bittersweet estery finish, and hints of blackcurrant.
- Highland IPA - 5.0% ABV
- A hop dominant IPA brewed with US Amarillo and Centennial hops as well as Perle for a powerful bitterness and citrus flavour.
- Witches Cauldron - 4.9% ABV
- A dark ruby red coloured beer with hints of roasted malt and a pleasant sweet aftertaste.
- Santa's Sledgehammer - 5.6% ABV
- A strong bronze coloured beer with traditional hop bitterness and a warming aftertaste.