Glenfinnan Brewery Company
Sruth a Mhuilinn, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Phone: (0) 7999 261 010
The Glenfinnan Brewery officially opened on 18 May, 2007 at an event featuring MP Charles Kennedy. The first cask from the brewery, however, was tapped at the Glenfinnan House Hotel in October of 2006. It was a one off named "A' Chiad Fhear" or "First One". The four barrel brewing plant was installed by Porter Brewing Company's Brewing Installations.
Questionnaires filled out by the first customers to sample the brewery's ale led to the development of their flagship ale, "Glenfinnan Standard Ale". Presently, three cask ales are produced.
- The Standard Ale - 4.0% ABV
- A mid brown hoppy bitter ale brewed with British Pale Ale and Crystal malts and select North American hops.
- Glenfinnan Gold - 3.8% ABV
- A golden brown moderately hopped ale brewed with Pale, Lager, Wheat and Crystal malts with a variety of European and North American hops.
- Glenfinnan Dark Ale - 5.2% ABV
- A malty dark ale that is lightly hopped. Brewed in the latter part of the year.