River Leven Ales
Lab Road, Kinlochleven, PH50 4SG
Phone: (0) 7901 873 273
River Leven Ales is a small independent brewery founded by Harry Heskey in 2011. The brewery resides in the historic building that was previously home to Atlas Brewery prior to its purchase and subsequent closure by Sinclair Breweries, owner of Orkney Brewery. Harry has brewed both as an amateur and professionally.
The brewery plant was installed by Oban Ales, a microbrewery equipment supplier. The brewery plans to keep the product range small currently brewing three ales. Products will be available primarily in the local area of the Highlands as well as other parts of Scotland. After the closure of Atlas, the community is very pleased to have River Leven Ales brewing quality ales locally.
- River Leven Traditional IPA - 4.0% ABV
- An amber coloured traditional British style India Pale Ale brewed with Pale and Crystal malts for a nutty flavour.
- River Leven Blonde - 4.0% ABV
- A clean tasting pale golden beer brewed with Maris Otter and Wheat malts.
- River Leven Dark - 4.0% ABV
- A smooth malty Scottish style beer brewed with a somewhat drier finish and more prominent hop flavour.