Inveralmond Brewery Limited
22 Inveralmond Place, Perth, PH1 3TS
Phone: (0) 1738 449 448
The Inveralmond Brewery was established in Perth in 1997 and opened that May. Much like that of Fyfe Brewery in Kirkcaldy, Inveralmond was the first brewery in Perth to begin operation in over thirty years. The brewery was founded by now Managing Director Fergus Clark, who hails from Glasgow, and his wife Ailish, a native of Perth. Fergus holds a B.S.c in Brewing and Microbiology from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and worked for ten years in the industry at various breweries in England prior to starting Inveralmond. Head Brewer, Ken Duncan, was born in Glasgow and began his brewing career as a homebrewer followed by gaining commercial brewing experience in Australia before returning home to Scotland.
Brewing takes place in a modern industrial estate to the north of Perth. The original brewhouse held 10-barrel plant with a mix of new and second-hand equipment. A significant brewery expansion was completed in early 2010 increasing the brewing length to 30 barrels. 2011 saw further expansion in fermentation and conditioning capacity as well as the sale of original 10 barrel brewhouse equipment.
- Independence - 3.8% ABV
- A full bodied, malty ale with hints of fruit and spice. Brewed Pale Ale, Crystal, Dark Crystal, and Wheat malts and hopped with Pilgrim and Saaz creating earthy and slightly spicy notes.
- Ossian - 4.1% ABV
- A pale golden coloured beer, with a full-bodied fruity flavour, nutty notes, and a hoppy, zesty orange aroma. Brewed with Pale Ale malt, Caramalt, and Wheat malt and hopped with First Gold, Cascade, and Fuggles.
- Ossian, Son of Fingal, was a legendary warrior from the 3rd century. His grave stone can be seen north west of Perth in the 'Sma Glen', of which Sir Walter Scott wrote... "In this still glen, remote from men, Sleeps Ossian, in the narrow glen".
- Thrappledouser - 4.3% ABV
- A golden copper coloured ale with great drinkability. Brewed with Pale Ale, Dark Crystal, and Wheat malts and hopped with Pilgrim, East Kent Golding and Cascade for a spicy flavor and citrus aroma.
- Thrapple is the Scots word for throat.
- Lia Fail - 4.7% ABV
- A rich dark full bodied beer with malty sweetness and notes of chocolate. Brewed with Pale Ale, Dark Crystal, Chocolate, and Wheat malts and hopped with Challenger, Fuggles and Cascade.
- Lia Fail is Gaelic for "Stone of Destiny", upon which the kings of Scotland were crowned.
- Black Friar - 7.0% ABV
- A classic Scottish Wee Heavy style beer, dark in colour with a well balanced malty sweetness and pleasant hop character. Brewed with Pale Ale, Crystal, Chocolate, and Wheat malts and hopped with First Gold, Fuggles, Styrian Goldings, and Cascade.
- Sunburst - 7.0% ABV
- A continental Pilsner style lager beer with a crisp clean flavour and noble hop aroma. Brewed with Pale Ale and Wheat malts and hopped with Pilgrim and Hersbrucker Hallertau. A seasonal beer available in July and August.
- Duncan's IPA - 4.4% ABV
- A pale golden beer with an initial malty sweetness, lasting bitter finish and a fruity and spicy aroma. Brewed with Pale Ale and Wheat malts and hopped with Pilgrim, Saaz, and Goldings. A seasonal beer available February to April.
- Inkie Pinkie - 3.7% ABV
- A light summer ale named after Old Scots for "light beer", refreshing and fruity. Brewed with Pale Ale malt, Caramalt, and Wheat malt and hopped with Pilgrim, Fuggles, and East Kent Goldings. A seasonal beer available May to September.
- Pundie - 5.0% ABV
- A burnish copper coloured strong ale with a full flavoured malty palate and balanced hop bitterness. Brewed with Pale Ale, Dark Crystal, and Wheat malts and hopped with Pilgrim and Saaz. A seasonal beer available in October and November.
- Santa's Swallie - 4.3% ABV
- A dark copper coloured ale brewed for Christmas time. Hopped with Fuggles and given a holiday spice note with nutmeg and cinnamon. Brewed with Pale Ale, Dark Crystal, and Wheat malts and hopped with First Gold and Fuggles. A seasonal beer available in November and December.