St Andrews Brewing Company
Unit 4, Food Resource Base, Faraday Road, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RU
Phone: (0) 7879 399 441
St Andrews Brewing Company starting coming together in January of 2012, the work of owner Bob Phaff, originally from South Yorkshire. Bob has been homebrewing since he was in his late teens and saw the need for a local brewery in the area. The brewery is pretty much a one man operation at present.
The brewery is starting with a 4-barrel brewing plant at their site in Glenrothes. The longer term goal is to move to a larger premises closer in proximity to St Andrews. Bob brought in experienced brewer Stuart Noble, also from Yorkshire, to help further develop the beers and get the brewery running. The brewery's logo and labels are handsomely designed by ceramic artist Susan McGill, local to the area.
- Fife Gold - % ABV
- A well balanced straw coloured beer with loaded with the citrus flavours of lemon, lime, and grapefruit contributed by hop varieties from the Northwest US.
- India Pale Ale - % ABV
- A big tasting bold and bitter IPA style beer with complex flavours of orange and tropical fruits contributed by a blend of four assertive hop varieties.
- Seventy Bob - % ABV
- A nut brown coloured traditional 70/- style ale with the flavours of chocolate, toast, and caramel balanced by a subtle hop bitterness.
- Neuk Ale - % ABV
- A dark mahogany coloured Scotch ale with the flavours of rich dark fruit, chocolate, and roast coffee.
- Oatmeal Stout - % ABV
- A smooth, full-bodied rich and silky Scottish style Oatmeal Stout with the flavours of strong coffee, chocolate, and dark fruit. Brewed with five types of malted barley, Flaked Oats, and a blend of UK, New Zealand, and US hops.